I need to apologise to the very lovely Jacqueline at Maturestudenthanginginthere as a few months ago she nominated me for a Sunshine Award. A few days ago another lovely blog nominated me for a smashing four awards which I am also incredibly grateful for and also reminded me that I need to get on and complete saying my very big thank you to Jacqueline and now Megan Paasch for the nominations.
Sunshine Award and Reader Appreciation Award
These both require the same questions so I’ve done a combo!
I have two! I can’t pick between the two so first is a deep purple and second is a bluey grey – something that looks like it would smell nice if it was a perfume. Yes, that makes no sense.
Friendly dogs are wonderful, of the non pet variety I love penguins. Specifically the Adelie Penguins, they’re pretty cute whilst also being a bit gangster. Don’t believe me, here’s a bit of criminal nature comedy.
Urm, don’t know. 18 is a pretty nice one.
Favourite Non-Alcoholic Drink:
Orange and mango juice. Nom.
Facebook or Twitter:
Now this is tricky. Facebook is starting to get on my nerves for numerous reasons. I don’t like the fact that it can sneakily tag you in a location – seriously have no idea how to turn this off. Twitter is great when you want to connect with other writers, but keeping in touch with friends it can be a bit boring. So don’t know. Facebook has the edge due to the fact that despite relatives being the other side of the world we can keep in touch, share photos, chat easily etc.
Writing is my passion, so is music and cake. Can’t get better than that.
Don’t really have one. Never thought about it!
Favourite day of the week:
Saturday, it can either be packed full of adventure or a complete chill out session. Plus you know you have another day to have fun with.
Gerberas, they look so happy!
Third award up is the Most Inspiring Blogger Award which is a really nice one to get. I haven’t been blogging all that long but also I haven’t blogging much lately so this was lovely. It requires you to share seven things about yourself people probably don’t know and nominate other blogs to do the same.
1. I need coffee, every day, at 11am else the rest of the day feels weird
2. For about 15 years I loved tap dancing and longed to be the next Ginger Rogers. Then I discovered boys and that went out of the window. Few years on I wish I had kept it up and whilst occasionally stirring whatever is on the hob I still break into a little bit of timestep
3. Whilst working in public relations I performed a timestep at a networking event whilst under pressure to prove that I had done a bit of tap before… humiliation doesn’t even cover it
4. I once bumped into Steve Tyler whilst in Moscow without realising. He was trying on a traditional Russian hat, I asked if I could get by and started trying on hats next to him. Didn’t realise that I was surrounded by a fair few bodyguards and Aerosmith fans desperate to get a picture until my husband and friend informed me that I was getting in the way
5. My teddy bear Harry is my most prized possession
6. My dad is responsible for my music tastes… instead of nursery rhymes he used to make my sister and I listen to BB King, Roxy Music and Bob Dylan. He even dressed me up as Eric Clapton once. Don’t know what’s worse, the get up or the hair cut. Possibly the haircut?
7. My name is Emma and I’m an Eddie Stobbart spotter.
Now for the nominations, all of which are well deserving of all these awards. All of these blogs I love and read regularly, so I hope you manage to drop by and share the appreciation.